Job Description – Chalet Host
The role of the chalet host is to over see the running of an individual chalet. Your job will include all housekeeping duties and ensuring your guests are well cared for throughout their stay. You will work alongside the chef who will be responsible for running the chalet kitchen. However, your jobs will overlap and we would expect you to assist each other in your work so that you run your chalet efficiently and professionally.
As a team, the chalet host and chef will create a warm and friendly atmosphere so that guests can enjoy the high standard of personal service for which Morgan Jupe is renowned. Our aim is that each guest experiences superior service in every aspect of their holiday, which we hope will exceed their expectations. You can generally expect to work a long morning, followed by the midday and afternoon off, before returning to your chalet hosting duties for the evening.
As a guideline your role will include:
All housekeeping duties
- daily cleaning of all bedrooms, bathrooms, communal areas (including laundry areas and ski room);
- ensuring the chalet is presented to a very high standard;
- ensuring that any ‘in house’ chalet laundry is completed on a daily basis.
- serving afternoon tea and clearing it away;
- laying the dining table and serving pre-dinner drinks;
- serving at the table during all meals;
- serving wine throughout the evening and
- assisting the chef in the kitchen, if required.
- Deep cleaning of the bedrooms, bathrooms, communal areas;
- Preparing the chalet for the new guests.
Ensuring a warm welcome to your guests on arrival and introducing them to their accommodation
- Liaising with the management over lift pass requirements, ski hire equipment and ski schools bookings;
- Ensuring guests have everything arranged for their week, once settled into the chalet.
General hosting of the guests in the chalet, ensuring at all times that they are comfortable and have all their requirements met.
Liaising with the management on a regular basis to discuss any changing guest requirements.